RE: Chicago Teslathon??

Original poster: "Mike Doyle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mdoyle-at-CHERRYCORP-dot-com>

Hi All,

I'm in Zion, IL about an hour north of Chicago. I am on an acre lot but it is
mostly wooded so there is not a lot of open space and it's a 100 year old farm
house so the available power is limited to about 240 VAC 50 A, single phase.
Maybe if we all took turns ;-)

I have a truck and some spare transformers (including a pig) if anyone wanted
to come but needed assistance.

I go to church with a lot of farmers in the Richmond, IL, Genoa City, WI area -
that would provide the open space and the power, then I would just have to
figure out how to explain to them what it is we want to rent the property for!

Mark, did you ever figure out any ways TC's can be used to glorify the Lord?

Best Regards,

Michael Doyle - Senior Lab Technician
Cherry Electrical Products
11200 88th Ave, P.O. Box 581913
Pleasant Prairie, WI  53158-0913
Phone: (414) 942-6627
Fax: (414) 942-6334
EMAIL: <mdoyle-at-cherrycorp.htm>mdoyle-at-cherrycorp-dot-com
http://www.cherrycorp-dot-com/
-----Original Message-----  From:   Tesla list [SMTP:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]  Sent:
Tuesday, August 13, 2002 8:41 AM  To:     tesla-at-pupman-dot-com  Subject:        Re:
Chicago Teslathon??

Original poster: "Bert Hickman by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-net>

I live in the suburbs with no real space and close neighbors, and all my  HV
activities are done in a screened in porch. The other coilers I know  are in a
similar situation. No chance of hosting an event with multiple  coils, and the
10" coil and Quarter Shrinker are not portable.

D. C.'s gracious offer sounds like the best bet. Since many coilers may  have
problems making it on a weekday, is there any chance of doing it  over a
weekend??

-- Bert --  -- Bert Hickman  Stoneridge Engineering  "Electromagically"
Shrunken
Coins!  <http://www.teslamania-dot-com>http://www.teslamania-dot-com

Tesla list wrote:  > > Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"  <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>  > > Im guessing that a Monday
would be difficult.  For myself, that would be a 4  > hour drive, on a school
day:( (aint gonna happen) I was hoping that someone  > would have a saturday
that would be possible?  I know beggars cant be  > choosers but i would think
that it would work better for those people with  > jobs who cant call off that
day.  Very generous offer though, D.C..  Does  > anyone else have anything??  >
> Steve Ward.  > > >From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>  > >To:
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com  > >Subject: Re: Chicago Teslathon??  > >Date: Mon, 12 Aug
2002
19:50:45 -0600  > >  > >Original poster: "D.C. Cox by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"  > ><resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>  > >  > >  > >  > >  >
>Perhaps
you folks would consider a drive up to Wis. Dells.  We are 3.5 hrs  > >NW of
Chicago.  Our lab is located in the country, 4 mi. south of Wis.  > >Dells.  We
can make lots of noise into the late night hours.  > >  > >We plan on firing up
our "Big Bruiser" with a 28 ft. long spark running at  msnip....