Re: Neighbors and noise

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

> I haven't seen that in my experiences.  Generally,
> even
> air streamers are louder than the gap, unless the
> coil
> is not running correctly as Bart spoke about.  The
> only
> gap I've worked with that was especially loud, was
> the
> triggered gap, but even this gap did not seem to be
> as
> loud as the air streamers, once the coil was running
> correctly.
>
> John
---
My experience: just on contrary.If detuning
excluded,another reason may be predominant.You use
high surge impedance primaries.Both coils I watched
(heard) here were tuned but had low primary surge
impedance (desire for high frequency not
efficiency).One had air cooled static gap,other asyn.
rotary gap.

regards,
Boris