TCvrsHumidity&Wind

Original poster: "cd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <vbprg1-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Last night I ran my coil again...

A friend once again brought over a movie camera, but once again the coil
was camera shy and I had all kinds of wierd problems...
I need a bit of data to uderstand what went wrong..
I started off by setting up the coil before dark and then covering the
primary over with a towel to avoid dew settin on it. I left the torus and
secondary inside untill everything was set up to run....
I brought the secondary outside and the torus
set everything up and I ran just fine...
good output no problems..
I shut down the coil for a few mins to go turn off the light for better
taping
I turned the coil back on and nothing....
After checking everything for loose connections all seemed to be good....
I tried it again....
Nothing....
set it up with a break out point and it worked fine....
took the point off
It didnt work again....
I tried all kinds of stuff like retuning by quarter turns... nothing
no output without a breakout point....

The conditions were Very windy and Very humid possibly over 85 percent
humidity....
The ac was cool inside and really hot outside....
Could the weather alone have caused the coil to not function without a
breakout point?

I am going to test my NST's today and make sure I didnt loose a leg
somewhere but Im pretty sure they are still good to go...
I'm hoping it was bad conditions that spoiled this filming run...I am at a
loss to find another cause...

Chris Dowdy