Triple X Tesla Coils Confirmed!

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

TCML,

The Tesla Coils and other high voltage apparatuses seen in the new Vin Diesel
movie "Triple X" are props made from cardboard and fiberglass. There are a few
real pieces seen in closer shots but they are limited to a large ball gap and
ceramic insulator. The arcs seen in the night club were computer animated by
the very talented artists at Digital Domain (Venice , CA) using custom
software. They relied on reference tapes supplied by kVA Effects to make the
arcs look as real as possible. The producers of the movie patterned the night
club scene on a 1998 rave in Burbank California hosted by Future Underground
Network. kVA Effects supplied the REAL Tesla coils for that event and is proud
to have served as inspiration to the many fine people associated with that
production and the movie.

For the record, we also lit up Club Townsend/Universe in San Francisco on New
Years 2000. The Model 9J was suspended from the ceiling of the main dance floor
(3000+) and the Model 8J was installed in a metal bridge over the back room
dance floor (1000+). If you ever want to know what that party was like, watch
Triple X and remember, we did it for real!

Jeff W. Parisse
Director
<http://www.teslacoil-dot-com/>www.teslacoil-dot-com
310-748-5893