Re: Problems with First Tesla Coil RF Ground?

> 1.  After inspection, I realized i did something stupid.

> I didn't have my RF Ground connected to anything other

> than a piece of thick braided ground cable about 10 feet

> long.  I guess this would be the difference between
> output and no output????

	Possibly.
	Opinions, and observations, differ.
	Some see little advantage with a dedicated ground,
	some find a notable improvement.  I prefer a good
	RF ground as it helps keep strange voltages out of
	the LV side.  ANY cable connected will provide
	_some_ effect, due to stray capacitance..., and
	mayhap, the odd bit of corona to whatever its lying
	on.

--
	best
	dwp