Re: fly back diodes

Original poster: "Daniel Barrett by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dbarrett1-at-austin.rr-dot-com>

    Hi Jimmy-
    Reverse recovery time is definitely a problem if you are using 'standard
recovery' rectifiers such as the 1N4007. I have gone through about 400 of
these learning that with my MOT supply ;)
You might want to try a 'fast efficient' diode such as the UF4007. These are
a bit more pricey at $.19 each (Mouser) but they have a 75nS recovery time.
db

Subject: fly back diodes