Sparkle-ing discharges and Banging SRSG ? ? ?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Running my coil again for the second day.  I moved the stationary electrodes
approximately and extra 1/2" away from the rotor of my SRSG which helped a
bit.  However, I am still having
the following problems:

1.  Getting sparking type flashes (small) at the toroid itself all over as
arcs start forming or at least it appears that way.

2.  Getting more flashes (arc-overs) at my SRSG between the stationary
electrode and rotor (so it seems)

Anyone know the cause of problem 1 above????   Also, are the arc-overs
(flashes) i'm getting at my SRSG due to a too small rotor, too close
proximity between stationary electrode and rotor, or something else in the
system that isn't tuned right.  This all increases as I increase power
(using my variac).  Perhaps my SRSG isn't tuned properly???

Right now, i can only go about 75% power.  Otherwise, I start getting the
problems above.
However, at 75% i am getting 40" streamers (measured) with occasional ones
hitting about 45" (measured) so it seems pretty good thus far.

Any help appreciated.

4" Tesla Coil
SRSG Spark Gap (120BPS)
0.0275uF, 28kV MMC (LTR sized)