RE: Sparkle-ing discharges and Banging SRSG ? ? ?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Thanks.  When this probably first occurred at about 60% power, i did
increase the distance of those electrodes about 1/2" and it did improve it
considerably, however, it comes back at about 75% now.  I may move then back
a little further and also add a sheet of polyethylene at the front of the
stationary electrodes.

Dan

Dan,
Looking at your SRG, it appears that you need longer rotating electrodes and
the stationary electrodes correspondingly moved back from the rotor.  With
the power cranked up, you are generating a conductive environment of plasma,
white hot electrode particles, etc. that reduce the air's insulating
properties and probably cause the stationary electrode to rotor ring
flash-overs.  More space between them should fix the problem.

By the way - nice job of making your coil - looks very professional!

--Steve Young