RE: sec coil zap ouch! - Possible fix...

Hi,

I wonder if spraying a coil with a consumer anti-static spray like "Static
Guard" would stop this without hurting the coil's operation.  It is a
pretty high resistance and perhaps would not arc over under TC voltages and
frequencies but would help short out this nasty electret effect that keeps
zapping us all the time.

It says it contains "Dimethyl Ditallow Ammonium Chloride" as if that tells
me anything 0:-)

I am not sure it is easy to get off or if it would destroy a coil if it did
not work.  Maybe a good use for a shipping wrapped secondary test where one
could just pull off the wrap to remove the stuff if it was "bad".  Maybe a
neat experiment if anyone has an old "extra" secondary that likes to zap
you and you could live without if it hurts the coil.  If Static Guard could
get rid of the shocks but the coil still runs fine it would be a big deal ;-)

Cheers,

         Terry