RE: sec coil zap ouch!

Original poster: "Rothman, Aric by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Aric.Rothman-at-Honeywell-dot-com>

On the subject of the electret effect, and getting zapped by secondaries...

I patched up a damaged secondary, which had gotten knocked around and had
its finish chipped.  The secondary had been
originally potted with phenolic varnish.  The spot repairs were made with 5
minute epoxy (I was impatient! :)  I quicky
learned that the epoxied spots have a great propensity to zap.  After
operation, running ones finger down the length of
the secondary invites a mild, crackly tingle; but touching one of the epoxy
patches...yeouch!

Aric