Re: Test equipment

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

 > Hi Everyone,
 >
 > I am looking for a few items for the "Basement Lab", and figured I would
 > try here.  First, I am looking for an older audio signal generator,
 > preferably an old tuber HP, since everyone I have talked to says this is
 > the best to use for secondary testing.  I also lost an e-Bay bid on a 60's
 > vintage ESI 250 LCR bridge, the type with the "magic eye", and am looking
 > for similar or same.  If anyone happens to have one or both of these items,
 > please contact me off list, or if you know of someone who does have, please
 > let me know.
 >
 > Thanks,
 >
 > John Richardson

	Tube audio oscillators have no unique virtue that I can see, unless
it's that the are old and hence inexpensive.  As for the ESI bridge, I
think I saw one at C&H Surplus' Pasadena store a few weeks ago.  Look up
"C&H Sales" on Google and go to their "online store" or whatever they
call it.  Since I already have one I didn't look at the price, which
with those guys may be anything from good to very high.  They are always
subject to bargaining if you show up in person, but that probably
wouldn't be very convenient for you.

Ed