Re: Faraday Cage

Original poster: "Harold Weiss by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

I know that they use a EM link to talk between the pacemaker and programmer.
I think that is the biggest problem.  While they may be sensitive, they
still need to operate in this unshielded world.  I have seen TV sets that
can light up neon bulbs up to 4' away.  My tablesaw can at times scramble
the TV better than some of my coils, that used to use power ground.  I agree
that we need to get our hands on a pacemaker and programmer, and find out
just what levels they can withstand safely.

The cage that I am building is meant for smaller coils.  The largest coil
will be my 6" 12/120.  Everything else will be single NST or dual MOT
supplied.  At 4' OAH the 6" will be striking the ceiling continually, unless
reduced power is used.  If this cage design works, it will give excellent
visibility and enough protection for those with pacemakers to enjoy the
coils within.

David E Weiss