RE: Coming close to finishing

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

For the power level that you'll be working at, 1/4" copper tubing is
probably the best primary conductor.  I've made some AC resistance
measurements of several different conductors and the tubing fared very
well.  Considering it's availability, low cost, ease of tapping, and ease
of winding, that's what I would recommend.  See
http://www.laushaus-dot-com/tesla/primary_resistance.htm for all the gory details.

The wiring between tank components ideally should be beefy, but if you're
only talking about lengths under a foot, it probably won't affect
performance one way or another regardless of what you use.  Personally I
like to use copper strap or #6 - #8 stranded wire, but truthfully, it
probably wouldn't matter if I had used short lengths of #14.

The radial distance from the innermost primary turn to the lowermost
secondary turn should be about an inch.  The choice of how to connect the
secondary base depends on the rest of your geometry.  The pri-sec vertical
distance must be adjustable, and it should permit the lowermost secondary
turn to be anywhere between 1" below to 2" (all rough numbers) above the
plane of the (presumably flat) primary.

For connecting salt water caps together, the losses in these caps is so
high that I'm sure it won't matter what you use.  Short lengths of #14-#18
wire will be fine and much easier to use than tubing.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA