Re: What's a waveform monitor?

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

 > Waveform monitors don't do transforms.. They're basically oscilloscopes with
 > very limited horizontal settings (i.e. 15.75kHz) and funky calibrations on
 > the graticule.

  The true waveform display that i was privy to see, actually showed a
sweep of the peaks generated by each frequency being generated by the
tc.
with a standard scope you can see peak intensity of the spikes as a
slice, but how do you know at which frequency these are at?
I admit this is out of my expertise, but the difference astounded me
between the two.

Also the waveform unit i saw in use would calculate a 3d furrier
transform giving a 6x8 plane with these frequencies shown at the
position of there magnitude, I was impressed.
Marc M.