Re: Ignition coil question

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <k.schraner-at-datacomm.ch>

Hi Pete,

for your original question: see Ed Phillips's Quadrac (=Triac with
buildt in Diac) driver at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/QuadracDriver.pdf

Kurt

P.S. this posting was sent on January 31th already, shortly before the
list went down. Think it got lost during the break time.

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Pete Komen by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<pkomen-at-zianet-dot-com>

> Hi Marc,
>
> What I had in mind was to charge a cap through an inductor controlled by an
> SCR, then discharge that cap through the ignition coil (controlled through
> another SCR).  This part would not be allowed to ring due to the SCR.  I had
> not considered using the IgCoil in a resonant circuit.  You may have
> something there.  I agree that tuning would be tricky.
>
> My list of things to try always grows and rarely are items removed... time
> to prioritize again.
>
> I am planning to get more power in my garage real soon with a 240V 50A line
> and a batch of 120V outlets.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pete Komen

<snipped>