Re: Flat secondary measurements

Hi Peter,

At 11:26 AM 2/15/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>I'm thinking of building a TC with a flat secondary and helical primary.
>Sort of like a traditional TC turned upside down, but with lots of turns
>of thin wire in the flat secondary, and few turns of thick wire in the
>helical primary.
>
>This configuration should be as easy to model with etesla6/acmi/tssp as
>the traditional configuration.

I assume this last sentence was meant as a question.  I "think" E-testla6
will allow for such a configuration.  If you try it and have trouble, let
me know and it would be easy to fix**.  I guess Paul is working on acmi and
TSSP.  I am sure there are going to be some problems along the way trying
to use are conventional math tools for this configuration but we should be
able to figure them out.

** Oops!!  The secondary voltage profile will not work...  Hmmm...  A bit
of less than trivial change there.  I will look at it when I get a chance,
I have to go buy some parts to start building my flat secondary right now :-)))

I though at least finding the wire length would be easy, but I see Jim's
work is looking pretty complex (Make use of b^x = exp(x*ln(b)) so now you
can integrate using integral( exp(ax) ) =1/a*exp(ax), where a=ln(b)...)  It
"sounded" easy but...

Cheers,

	Terry