RE: Sync motor

Original poster: "David Kyle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>

I ordered it from a wielding supply company. I am using 3/16 inch
Lanthanated Tungsten instead of Throiated since it is not radioactive
and has similar electrical properties. There is a color code to
determine the type of doping used:
Green= pure Tungsten
Red= Thoriated Tungsten
Black = Lanthanated Tungsten

It is very very hard to cut. I used a Dremel tool with an ultra hard
grinder wheel to score it and than snapped it off. I had to file it to
length and smooth the rough edges. This creates quite a bit of dust and
smoke and the thought of inhaling Thorium in the process was not
appealing.

I have several extra 7 inch pieces which I would be happy to sell for
$10 a piece + $3 shipping. Contact me off list.

Dave

Dave Kyle
Austin, TX USA