Re: NON-static shocks from unpowered secondary?

Original poster: "Chris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chris-at-atomic-pc-dot-com>

Patrick and list members,

When this happened to me I thought it was so weird that I wasn't going to
mention it to the list-- since I could find no ready explanation, I thought
maybe I should dismiss it as my "imagination"! (but it sure did hurt, and
it made me jump back!!)

It's happened to me at least 2 or 3 times- each with no connection to the
capacitor bank, and unpowered.  One time I got a nasty shock from an auto
ignition coil I was experimenting with- after it had been disconnected from
everything else.  Unfortunately I don't have a meter that will read in the
multi-KV range, AC or DC.  It sure doesn't feel like an ordinary
winter-time static shock.

-Chris