RE: Sync motor

Original poster: "David Kyle by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dave-at-kyleusa-dot-com>

Types of Tungsten welding rod:

1.) 2% Thoriated, AWS Class EWTH-2, DC welding applications. The most
common type of electrode used today. Applications: carbon & stainless
steel, nickel alloys and titanium. Color code Red

2.) 1% Zirconiated, AC Welding applications. Better start up than Pure
Tungsten, Balls up well and has a more stable arc than Pure Tungsten.
Better current carrying capacity and high resistance to contamination
during welding. Color code White

3.) Pure Tungsten, AWS Class EWP, AC welding applications. Lease
expensive of all electrodes. Applications: aluminum and magnesium
alloys. Color code Green

4.) 1.5%, 2% Lanthanated, AWS Class EWLA-1.5, AC & DC welding
applications. Non-Radioactive Good arc characteristics in ac/dc
applications. Applications: carbon & stainless steel,nickel alloys and
titanium. Color code Black

Dave Kyle
Austin, TX USA