RE: Saturating LTR coil! - demonstrated!! - RE: ~Variac question

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

The benefit to locating the PFC caps close to the NST rather than in a
remote controller enclosure is that current, and hence voltage drop along
the mains cable between the controller & NST, will be less.  This may buy
you a few more volts to the NST and may be significant.  As far as what
your circuit breaker sees, it won't matter where the PFC cap is.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "Dave Leddon by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<leddon-at-attbi-dot-com>

Gary,

On a slightly related issue, does it matter where the PFC caps are located?
 I've run out of real-estate under the coil so I plan to stuff them into
the controller enclosure.  In fact, couldn't they be attached anywhere on
the power leg that feeds the nst?

Dave