Re: MMC vs Maxwell comparison

Original poster: "Daniel Hess by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhess1-at-us.ibm-dot-com>

John;

When you consider the fairly thin wire leads that connect the individual
capacitors together in series with respect to the amount of current that we
ask of them to deliver at the moment the gap fires, I've often wondered if
this arrangement doesn't limit the MMC's performance compared to a single
capacitor unit such as your Maxwell.

In your comparison tests, did you notice any difference in the sync gap;
volume, tone, intensity? Do you have a way to measure current through the
tank for each type of capacitor? I'd find the results interesting if you
have the ability to do so. Seems like someone on this list rigged a
fiber-optic current measuring system once upon a time. (Terry, was that
you?)

Daniel

"Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> on 02/20/2002 09:03:16 PM