From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 5:36 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: question

Original poster: "Peter Lawrence by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Peter.Lawrence-at-Sun-dot-com>

Trick question for the day...

Tesla coils work by "induction", the changing magnetic field around the
secondary coil induces a voltage in it. The direction of the induced voltage
is that of the coil, so the question is why don't the sparks also go around
in the same circular pattern as the induced voltage.

Trickier question, why doesn't this happen when the toroid breaks out early.

Peter Lawrence.