Re: Capacitor in series with transformer or S.G ? What is right?

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Honestly, I don't think it makes much difference. I
prefer the spark gap across the transformer output,
with the tank cap in series, like this:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg/basics.htm

The spark gap is more than just a switch--it is also
the master voltage limiter for the power supply, and
it may be more effective in this role if it is
directly across the power supply outputs. However, I
have used both gap/cap configurations with equal
success.

My $.02 worth.

Greg