RE: question

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi David

My mistake that I thought you were writing about a primary. You certainly
have a potential transformer, not a neon sign transformer. A potential
transformer is not current limited, but a NST is current limited. A
potential transformer is used to monitor the voltage level of a transmission
line. High voltage is reduced to low voltage for connection with a volt
meter. The 50kV peak could mean that the insulation can withstand a
momentary transient of 50kV. Seems a little odd, usually the impulse level
is 150kV.

Godfery Loudner