New coilers

Hi,

Study the information at the great site at:

http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~electronxlc/

Beware the safety stuff at:

http://www.pupman-dot-com/safety.htm
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Safety/safety.htm

You basically need thin magnet wire about 24 gage, a plastic tube, copper
tubing, a neon sign transformer, and capacitors.

However, there is no "design".  Every coil is sort of made from scratch
with the parts a particular builder can find.  Study the information
available and "understand" how they work and then building them is pretty
easy.  Look around at the many coils people have made at:

http://j.webring-dot-com/hub?ring=teslaring

And see how others make them.  Most people start with something pretty
small and simple just to get things figured out and then move "up".  The
"math stuff" is fairly important since the coil has to "tune" right, but it
is not too hard.  It is a fairly BIG task that will take weeks if not
months.  There is a lot to learn and to make before you can throw 1/2
million volt sparks in your basement...

Cheers,

	Terry