Re: 22 awg wire

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 1/6/02 2:45:50 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>   Hi list
>
>              Sorry about the recent flood of questions. If i get to be a
> nusance just tell me to shut up :0).  I have a ton of 22awg wire what size
> form
> and length should i make my coil?  Thank you o btw i dont know if it matters
> plan on powering this with hopefully a mot power supply
>

>      Frank
>
> E-mail: Psychoticminds1-at-aol-dot-com
> "Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
> ("Seize the day, put no trust in tomorrow." )

Hi Frank,
         The only nusance is the guy that gets bad press for doing damage to
property, to himself, or to others because he won't ask questions. With #22
wire on a secondary, you're looking at 4" to 8" diameter coil. Successful coils
have been made by using 500-2500 turns on secondaries. Usually, a length
between 2:1 and 5:1 is both physically stable and aesthetically pleasing.
Good Luck!
Matt D.
G3-1085
PS Checked out your AOL profile and home page. When did you write that? Sounds
like a different person from a different universe.