Re: Several Basic Questions

Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Robert

> The capacitor,primary, and spark gap are in series. The power transformer
> should be across,or parrelel with, the spark gap. If you put the power
> transformer across the capacitor you can experience oscilations that will
> ,or can, burn out the transformer.

I have never found this at all. I have run my coil for about 15 hours now
and I have had no problems with any of my 3 neons (connected in paralell). I
believe if you use an RLC filter network and a good safety gap then you
should have no problems AT ALL with the transformer. This is shown on my
coil - there is very little feedback from the TC into my transformer when
looking at the NST output with a scope. It also adds a safety aspect by
discharging the pulse cap when the coil is off.

Best Regards,
Jason

{UK Geek #1139 ¬ G-2}