RE: website

Hi Godfrey,
            I'm sure others have the technical name for the
insulation - I don't recall. The insulation is characterised by a
pronounced reddish tint and unlike most other "enamels", can be
directly soldered through. It is soft, melts with some solvents and
is just a poor choice for most applications I can think of. It fails
in transformers (both heating and magnetostriction rubbing turns
together and would never be used in motors of any significant power.

     My experiences with it have not been happy. I'm not saying
"don't use it", I'm just saying that I wouldn't.

Regards,
malcolm

On 9 Jan 2002, at 7:17, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>