RE: I just got to say one thing...

Original poster: "Steve Greenfield by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <alienrelics-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I don't know what you have present on the primary
side. Perhaps it is just that there is a higher power
level present there. If it were a NST or MOT, you'd
have a 60Hz AC component that would find a path
through the plasma created by the much higher voltage
and frequency resonance.

I think what you are feeling from the secondary is the
pops each time a spark hits your finger and vaporizes
a small amount of dead skin and moisture. When you get
closer, a constant arc forms and it is a continuous
process rather than separate "hits".

Steve Greenfield