Wehnelt Interupter (Re: interrupter)

> I'll bet the Wehnelt cell was used with voltages measured in tens or
> hundreds,

	Just so.
	(I've sundry 100-1910 wireless books, with extended
	technical description of Wehnelt (and otgher) interrupters.)

	Wehnelt was designed for (relatively) low voltages.

> so the Joules would be very low.

	Wellllllll.
	They could and did handle large powers, via large amps.

> 15 KV from a pulse cap is entirely a different matter, and your
> Wehnelt cell could very well become a bomb.

	I'd doubt a 'bomb', as such.  I'd expect it to just not
	interrupt to speak of.

	Anyone working with a Wehnelt is advised to plan for
	when (not if) the Sulfuric Acid gets loose, gets sprayed
	about, etc.

	best
	dwp