Re: Isis and Osiris--Tuning Two Twins

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Nick,
I am now relocating the twins to a different area of the basement.
Maybe I can get them a little more isotropic space.  :-))
This toy isn't gonna last long or it will have to pay me rent for all
the space it needs.
If I just disconnect the lead going to the powerline ground, while the
secondary bases remain connected, I will get arcs between the
primary and its secondary.

> >> That's certainly a high k for a classical coil.  What sort of gap are you
> running?<<<<<<<<<

I am going to remeasure k for the tuned coil. I may have spoken too soon
but the bottom of the secondary is even with the bottom turn of its primary
and still no arcing. Can't get much tighter coupling than that without winding
new primaries of a smaller  diameter.

The SG is five copper tubes (4 gaps) mounted vertically. Nice design because
the gap is easily adjusted and cleaned. Each tube was placed in a vise and
just
slightly squeezed into an oval. Last time I looked, there is a picture at:

 http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/SG-2.jpg

There is also SG-1 and SG-3

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman