Re: Punting Coil!

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 07:26 AM 20/01/02 -0700, you wrote:

>Original poster: "S & J Young by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<youngs-at-konnections-dot-net>

>List,
>
>Just for "kicks", I rigged up a very small kicking coil exciter for my twin
>4 x 23 TC.  I used a 120 volt relay from Radio Shack, wiring the coil and
>normally closed contacts in series so as to work like a buzzer.  The relay
>contacts were connected to the series connected primary coil and cap.  The
>hope was that it would work well enough to make a relatively safe means of
>tuning a TC.

<snip>

>Has anyone built a beefy kicking coil powered TC?
>
>Steve

Hello Steve, Coilers,

How about using an MOT secondary as the "kicking coil", as it's got
plenty of inductance?  Maybe used as is or possibly modified as per
the method to make a charging choke.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca