Re: cap oil question

Original poster: "Metlicka Marc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Very good work Andy!
The lower capacitance could be due to the cups not fitting tightly or
any number of other coiling hurdles, but the fact that you have built it
with your own hands, it works, and it put a smile on your face is all
that counts.
I personally learned more about capacitors, measuring capacitance and
how a tesla coil works by building my own first capacitors then any
amount of reading could have taught! In fact, I still use my poly sheet
protector bucket caps for almost all my test coils (i wonder how many
pulses they have on them?).
Somehow ruining a coil with a cap that you made out of ordinary doodads
just feels better then hooking up a store bought cap, at least for me?
Good luck at school, I know you will be a popular guy for a while.
Take care,
Marc M.
Geek #1055

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Andy Cobaugh by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kb3ewy-at-rcn-dot-com>