Terry's synchronous strobe mod.

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kreld-at-juno-dot-com>

All

  I have been wanting to make Terry's sync. strobe for my rotory gaps for
some time.  Being "cheap" as I am, I ran accross a strobe lamp to modify
similar to the Radio Shack version.   The schematic is identical to Radio
Shack's except there is no current limiting resistor.

  This strobe does not even have a manufactures name, it's just called
"mini flash", it's in a green box.   I found it at MG Novelty, probably
any party supply store may have it.  The case is a bit smaller than the
R.S. strobes case, but the modification fits.  The best part is it's only
$15.00 (in Oklahoma anyway).

  The performance is right on spec. as Terry notes in his modification.
BTW the procedure & parts count for this is at his web site,
www.hot-streamer-dot-com.   Find it at Terry's Tesla Coil
Pages,...Miscellaneous stuff,... RS-strobe.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Misc/RS-Strobe/RSStrobe.htm

Coiling in Oklahoma,

Kevin E.