OBIT Ratings

Original poster: "Cory Roussel by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <imcuddlycory-at-yahoo-dot-com>

hello all,

Im trying to find myself a good OBIT from a scrapped
car and i was wondering about the ratings ive been
hearing... The man at the auto shop said they have the
12V high amperage in and then about 80V out... i of
course dont beleive him because of the nice arcs ive
seen them produce...  Anyone know the REAL ratings of
an OBIT... I know they would vary but somone with some
experience could prolly tell me what theve seen...
Also, how durable are they for overvolting???

he offered them to me for about $5 which i guess would
be ok for one...

thanks,

Cory