Re: High Power Solid State Tesla Coil - Successful Test

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Ed Phillips by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

> Tesla list wrote:
> >

> > > Right now I'm keeping a low profile for my Tesla stuff on my web page,
> > > since its supposed to be in the June issue of IEEE Antennas and
> > > Propagation Magazine.
>
>         What's in the article?  I don't get A&P, but can probably find
someone
> at work who does.

> > They will be suprised to see Tesla stuff in
> > > there.  But then Tesla did invent radio, according to the Supreme Court
>
>         That is NOT what the Supreme Court ruled, although that's often
> stated.  What they did rule was that, with the exception of a Marconi
> "two-tuned-circuit" patent Tesla and others anticipated almost all of
> the Marconi patents which Marconi claimed the government had infringed,
> and that therefore no damages had been done.  I have the complete
> transcripts of both findings in the den, and have been working my way
> through them for several months trying to figure out for myself just
> what the ruling covered.  A separate opinion by at least one of the
> Justices stated specifically that they weren't ruling on who was "the
> inventor of radio" and stating that in his opinion there wasn't any one
> inventor.
>
> > > :)
> > >
> > > Rob.
>
> Ed

Hi Ed,

Its perception that counts.  Its generally taught that Marconi invented
radio.  That was taught to me when I was in high school or earlier.  Yet
today there are many historians who believe he was a fraud.  I'd much
rather believe that Tesla invented radio, even if the Supreme Court
didn't explicitely state it.

BTW, the IEEE Magazine article should be in the Educational Corner.  The
original idea of my site was to put EM simulator code into a language
that was readable, fast, and interpreted for educational use.  Much of
it is covered under the GNU open source license.  Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com