Re: High Power Solid State Tesla Coil - Successful Test

Original poster: "rob by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <rob-at-pythonemproject-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

> > Wow Dan, thats one of the nicest designs and web pages I have ever
> > seen.  If your FETs are only getting warm, you've done a great job.  I
> > hope I can do as good a job of web presentation if I ever get my
> > Sheppard-Taylor driver running, but it is a highly experimental CW
> > design right now.
>
> Thanks for the compliment.  Yes, the FETs only get slightly warm but then
> again their $70.00 apiece.  My first SSTC
> used IRP460s which got darn hot under even 120VAC half-rectified, and then
> under 240VAC usually blew up quite a bit!
>
> I defintely anticipating when you'll be finished your project.  BTW, what is
> your web link again, I'd like to check out your schematics.
>
> Thanks
> Dan

Hi Dan,  Go to the link below, and one of the first items on the front
page is "Coil Corner".  There you will find some software and
schematics.  I need to get a digital camera.  At work we use a Nikon,
and you can get incredible macro detail.  Rob.

--
The Numeric Python EM Project

www.pythonemproject-dot-com