Re: FIRST time coiler almost there

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 7/5/02 2:24:15 PM Central Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> 8" X 29" G10 secondary wound with 18ga. wire
>  (I know 18ga. is kinda big but I have a ton of it and
>  thought I'd give it a try unless you all say
>  otherwise)

Dan,
Where did you find an 8 inch diameter G10 tube? I have never seen any larger
than
2 inches. Eight inch diameter will be very heavy. You will find it difficult
to adjust the coupling by raising and lowering the secondary and you will be
much better off
with acrylic for much less money, or pvc for an even lower cost.

Happy day,
Ralph Zekelman