Re: primary solid/ tube

Original poster: "Daniel McCauley by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

When comparing a hollow tube with a solid tube with the exact same
cross-sectional area, i believe the hollow tube would be better because it
has higher amount of surface area.  (Current likes to travel on the outside
of wire - more so at higher frequencies)
I don't believe the surface area inside the tube would carry much current
since the electric field in the center would effectively be zero, but the
hollow with the same cross-sectional area would have greater outside
diameter.

Of course, the greater cross-sectional area, the less resistance there will
be.  Are you talking about hollow vs. solid at the same outer diameter??

Dan

Hello all

Quick primary question.

At the Home Depot I saw that there is CU tubing like we all know and solid
CU.
If I'm going to be using a 4 pack Mot PSU would it be better to use the
solid stuff?
Hmmmm?

Read you later
Josh