Re: Re:TESLA COILS are ILLEGAL!

Original poster: "Nicholas Field by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <nick.field-at-hvfx.co.uk>

Daniel, All,

I have to interject here......

An unguarded tablesaw is illegal, a guitar amp with no grounding on the
chassis is illegal, an 8 foot hole in the ground without any safety fencing
is illegal...  Many things are illegal if they are done badly.  However the
continued success of my company (and those of several others on this list)
is dependant on the fact that if properly engineered and operated a Tesla
coil can comply fully with all current legislation.

If any one of a large number of things are not done properly, then it will
radiate RFI like a small sun.  However the fact that we have operated
without incident in many of Europe's largest and most heavily equipped film
and theatre environments, as well as our 'CE' compliance, is testimony to
the fact that if you do it right Tesla coils pose no danger to people or
electronic systems.

Safe Coiling
Nick
Nick Field, HVFX