Re: Re:TESLA COILS are ILLEGAL!

Original poster: "boris petkovic by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Hi,

> On the legality of tesla coils, as far as I know
> their only illegal if
> they are an INTENTIONAL transmitter, which they
> aren't, but as far as
> being right under very busy airspace, I don't know.
> Laws may change
> within so many miles of airports and such (like if
> you live next to
> NORAD ;-). Besides, as a friend of mine always says;
> Legality is
> overrated :-).
---
Any device that seriously disturbs power network
voltage quality is potentialy undesired.You don't have
to worry wether that can happen tru airing of EMP from
secondary .It happens easily due to nonlinearity of
charging process of TC bank and hf sending back to
network from primary.Even with best designed filter
you can't eliminate all bad things that big coil can
do.

regards,
Boris