RE: RF Ground Connections - Wire Type

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-hp-dot-com>

I've seen no evidence that the inductance of a coil is affected by the
stranded vs. solid construction of the wire.  In my primary resistance
experiments (http://www.laushaus-dot-com/tesla/primary_resistance.htm), the
inductances of the coils were essentially the same for all conductor types,
including solid, stranded, ribbon, and Litz.  The AC resistance was very
much a function of conductor type, and this may play a role in a coil's
performance, although actual performance was not addressed in my experiments.

Gary Lau
MA, USA