Attaching Tungsten Electrodes to Rotor etc...

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

	I'm building a SRSG using one of D.C. Cox's synch motors.

	Just had a few questions:

	I'm going to be using a 7" dia., 1/4" thick LE Gastrolite (Phenolic)
disc for the rotor.
	My questions are as following:

	1.  For the aluminum conductive ring on the outside of the rotor,
what thickness works best, what aluminum alloy works best, and whats the
best way to attach this to the rotor.

	2.  I've chosen to use 1/8" thick thoriated tungsten rods which are
available at McMaster-Carr.  The only thing, is what is the best way to
attach these to the rotor and to the other stationary electrode support.  I
know that tungsten is a b**** to machine - should i attempt to use a die to
thread these rods and attach via nuts????

	Any help appreciated.

	I realize i've been asking a lot of questions so far, and I want to
thank all of you for all your help!!!!!!!
	Much appreciated!!!!

	Dan M.