RE: Materials / Method for Conductive SRSG Ring

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Thanks I was actually going to scribe my electrode holes, then bolt the
conductive material to a piece of plexiglass and then use a scroll saw to
cut the circle.  I could then file down it more accurately.

Hopefully this won't be too bad and won't off-balance the rotor too much.
Dan

I have always cheated and had it done with a circle cutter at the local
sheet metal firm as I lack the proper tools. Same with fibreglass rotor. If
your keen on the DYI some clamps, a jig saw and plywood to hold the sheet
metal and some ingenuity should do the trick. You will need to start with a
small hole in the center to rotate the disk around and arrange a jigsaw to
cut as you rotate the work.
BTW scribe a diameter line and a electrode position circle BEFORE you make
the ring, after it a lot more difficult
Best
Ted L