High Power tube source?

Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>

I've not coiled for about 4 years. I want to continue some VTTC experiments
started during the last surge of activity.

I had been using 4 833a's (pulled from commercial transmitters) based on
John Freau's circuits, but think I fried  3 of the 4. Don't know what
happened. Failure to use parasitic suppression on each individual tube?

Anyway--I'm looking for an affordable 2-5 kw tube suitable for this
application. A used one with some life left in it may fit the bill. I've had
a search of the web without much luck.
Suggestions?
DaveH