Re: High Power tube source?

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Dave
Suggest you look at econco (www.econco-dot-com).  These guys
rebuild external anode power tubes for induction heating, high
power "big science" arena...

A good possible candidate tube is a 3CX2500H3.  Will set you
back about $650 without a "dud" (blown tube).  These tubes
are very plentiful according to rep, capable of up to 10kW into
tank (6kV -at- 3A), and unless you SERIOUSLY exceed
electrode ratings will outlive you in VTTC service.  Will need
at least a 240V, 30A input power feeder to start seeing results.

Also suggest you check archives, Ross Overstreet in fact built
a VTTC based on this tube and was getting very good non-
optimal performance before having to relocate due to job.

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR
Chesterfield, VA. USA

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Dave Hartwick by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ddhartwick-at-earthlink-dot-net>