Re: MMC resister problem

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: MMC resister problem
>Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 08:38:51 -0600
>
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><biomed-at-miseri.winnipeg.mb.ca>
>

>Regarding this thread of MMC resistors,  I'm wondering if the original post
>person would like to know where to get suitable MMC resistors, so here's
>the info:
>
>Contact Allied Electronics -   www.alliedelec-dot-com    or by phone
>1-800-433-5700 (I hope thats an American number)
>The resistors are made by BC Components  - High ohmic / high voltage
>series.  page 651 of there current 2001 catalog
>Specs are 10 Mohms, 3500Vdc, 1/2 watt -- perfect    style VR37  part number
>was 649-5154, they my refer you to a similar part number, I can't remember
>right now.  Oh yah, a couple other things - minimum quantity was 100 but
>they're cheap, $18.00 per 100,  the downfall is they have a minimum order,
>about $25.00 US.
>
>I ordered these resistors and they good ones, in fact how many do you need
>- I only used 30 of the 100 I have, contact me off the list, maybe we can
>work a deal.
>
>I hope this helps,
>
>Shaun Epp

Hi,

For MY successful MMC, i did use those exact resistors.  MY friend on the
other hand did not have 25$ to spend on a minimum order.  But as it turns
out, he ran out of his Radio Shack resistors and began to use some of mine.
Mine lasted much longer than the radio shack ones.  BTW, I had a feeling
that i was spelling "resistor" wrong before, oops, thats what i get for
starting this topic at 2o'clock in the morning.  Oh boy, i feel really smart
now!lol.

_