Re: Pulse coil?

A DC coil using a trigger pulse to fire the main spark gap works if you have
a disconect coil in series with the main power supply. I use a 1" dia 15
turn 6" long air core coil in my laser circuit to single pulse fire it. When
the main gap is triggered the coil disconects the DC power supply for a
u-sec as the laser discharges. Then the Xl of the coil stops, to recharge
the main capacitor for the next pulse. 20Kv 400 amp.
    Robert  H