RE: Wnen is a cap too large? - Capacitor Info.

Original poster: "Andy Cleary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cleara-at-twcny.rr-dot-com>

In regards to this cap:

>I have one of these caps  that are being sold on ebay :
>http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1738855045.
>
>It is a 25kv .25 mf cap. On my cap meter it checks our at .245, and
trickles
>well when charged a bit.

I too have seen that particular capacitor on Ebay (and the guy has
alot - I emailed him!).  To better determine what it is and if it's
any good, I emailed the people at CSI and this is what they said:

******************
Dear Andy,

	The correct part number is 25W064TN.  It has a dielectric
system of paper and mylar with hard foil electrodes and is
impregnated in a synthetic dielectric fluid.  It is generally used in
light duty pulse application.  See our web site, CSICapacitor-dot-com,
there is a catalogue page showing that part number.  The life will
be fairly short at rated voltage, approximately 10,000 charge
discharge cycles.  Thanks for your interest.

Gary W. Greiser
Design and Development Engineer
CSI Technologies
garzzz-at-eskimo-dot-com.