Re: New secondary, John Freau efficiency theory...etc.

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Apropos this discussion, which I have not been completely following, I'm
afraid, this may be of interest:  I have two secondarys for my s.s.
system--the first, 12" diameter x 51" high and the other, 12" diameter x
35" high.  They are made essentially identically, with just 1 size of
wire-diameter difference, as I recall, and both of them space-wound to
about the same degree.  The smaller resonates at about 140 KHz and the
other, about 100 KHz.

I've not used the larger coil for a very long time and so can't say, now,
how well it works with the essentially-finished system.  But if a) I can
be reasonably confident I have overcome a recent rash of primary-troubles
and b) I can bring that coil's toroid-mounting configuration up-to-date
in time, I'll bring both coils along to the No. CA Teslathon.  I will be
able to pop one or the other in place in a trice and so make for an
instant comparison of their relative performance, with tuning optimal and
all other factors being the same.

I'll look forward to doing that since, here at home, I enjoy very little
"head room" for the sparks without going to a whole lot of trouble.

Ken Herrick